Nominations for UAC leadership positions are open year-round, however to be considered for elections that take place at the Annual Convention in November, submissions must be made by 5 pm on July 31 each year. UAC members may serve in several leadership positions during their county service, but must be an elected official of a member county. Upon receipt of this form, UAC will notify the Nominating Committee of submissions when they meet after the July 31 deadline.
Click here for information about the Nominating Committee and its charter. As is mentioned in the Nominating Committee Charter, there is a rotation of who is eligible for consideration based on affiliation (commissioners/council members as opposed to “other affiliate” members: assessors, attorneys, auditors, clerks, recorders, sheriffs, surveyors, and treasurers) and size of county the nominees are from (large, first and second class counties; as opposed to small, third through sixth class counties). Here is the schedule for the next election in November 2017:
- President (must be an “other affiliate” member from a small county)
- 1st Vice President (must be a commissioner/council member from a large county)
- 2nd Vice President (must be an “other affiliate” member from a large county)
- Secretary (must be a commissioner/council member from a small or large county)
- Past President (must be a commissioner/council member from a small county)