Not a whole lot to report on this week as people are coming and going, spring breaks and final prep for next week’s UAC Management Conference (April 13-15 at the Davis Conference Center in Layton). For the latter, you can still register or get a copy of the agenda by clicking here.
At the Conference will be lots of run-down discussion on everything that happened at the Legislature as well as what’s next, including our printed summary legislative report each attendee will receive. If you will not be at the conference but would like a copy of that report, contact Arie Van De Graaff to make arrangements to receive one.
The only other item is to invite you to the 2016 Tax Boot Camp for Elected Officials, April 18 from Noon to 3:00 pm at the Little America Hotel (500 South Main Street, Salt Lake City). This event is sponsored by Utah Taxpayers Association and will feature the following speakers:
- John Dougall, Utah State Auditor
- Rebecca Rockwell, Utah State Tax Commissioner
- Lincoln Shurtz, Utah Association of Counties
- Randy T. Simmons, Strata Policy
Topics to be discussed will include
- Understanding Utah’s Tax Structure: How it works. What needs to be improved?
- RDA’s: When are they appropriate?
- What role should an elected official play in the oversight of government finances?
- What questions should you ask before pursuing a bond?
- Making sense of Utah’s local transportation funding crazy quilt
- How Utah can achieve equitable funding for its students
There is no cost to attend and lunch will be provided, so seating is limited. Reserve yours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (801) 972-8814.