Every Legislative Session, there seems to be a bill that keeps finding ways to resurface when so many other bills have just been done. The HB0175, Oversight Committee Creation bill sponsored by Representative Stratton, was a good example. Unfortunately, this one was a major concern for counties, cities, towns, interlocal entities, school districts, etc.
- House Health and Human Services Standing Committee will meet at 8:00 a.m. in Room 210, Senate Building, to discuss Health Information Exchange Amendments from Rep. Daw and Rep. Eliason’s Primary Care Network Amendments.
- House Public Utilities, Energy, and Technology Standing Committee at 8:00 a.m. in Room 450, Capitol, will discuss Rep. Perry’s Waste Management bill.
- Senate Judiciary, Law Enforcement, and Criminal Justice Standing Committee at 8:00 a.m. in Room 250, Capitol, will hear bills concerning felony fleeing amendments and Rep. Potter’s justice reinvestment amendments.
- Senate Transportation, Public Utilities, Energy, and Technology Standing Committee at 8:00 a.m. in Room 215, Senate Building, will hear Rep. Dabakis’s bill on intoxicated driving limit changes.
- Staff spoke in support of Representative Wilde’s HB0259, Moderate Income Housing Amendments along with other stakeholders as another tool for counties to address the housing situation that has arisen in both urban and rural areas. Representative Wilde has been very good to work with staff and CivLAC organization to address some of the language concerns in the bill.
- CivLAC Legislative group met to discuss bills under the lens of both implementation and conflicts of all proposed legislation. Included on Jami Bracken’s (this year’s chair) Top 10 List
- UBHC Legislative group also met to review behavioral health-related bills and discussed at length a number of bills that deal with possible adjustments to the Medicaid program and how it includes behavioral health services. There are several conflicting bills and we still anticipate a bill from Representative Spendlove that would outweigh all the others.